Introducing a new Easy Dashboard functionality!
It’s My Reports, the tool that helps you create your own custom reports in minutes. Here’s a step-by-step guide to creating your own report.
1. CREATE YOUR TEMPLATES
The first thing to do is access the My Reports section. You will find it in the reports tab (1) of the dashboard and, once there, in the first of the boxes (2). You can see it better in the image:
Once in My Reports, what possibilities does this new functionality offer you? Basically, it allows you to create custom reports easily and without spending a significant amount of time, adapted to the needs of each client. As you can see in the image below, on the left side of the dashboard you can see the different types of graphics you can use to create your custom report.
Specifically, all the graphics that you can use for your report and that you will find in this section on the left (3) are the following:
- Basic charts, which can be transformed into a list, pie chart, cloud or bar chart (see examples below). Within basic graphs we find the following insights:
- Urls mentioned
- Evolution, which are graphs that show the evolution of an insight over a period of time and includes:
- Share of Voice
- Topic groups
- Owned channels, which show data from Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube brand channels.
- Top 10, which creates a top 10 list (expandable to top 20) of various topics such as:
- Twitter retweeted
- Facebook commented
- Facebook liked
- Instagram commented
- Instagram liked
- YouTube views
- Indicators, in which the following insights are presented in the form of bar graphs or cloud graphs:
- Word Cloud
- Share of voice
- And, finally, comparisons. In this section you can compare insights of different profiles and competitors.
For instance, if you are interested in including in your report a graph showing the volume of the conversation, the languages and the main media in which there are mentions, it could look like in the following image. The ‘box’ in which the volume is presented is made by clicking on the third icon of linear graphic format (4), the ‘box’ of languages in bar graph format (5) and, finally, the media graphic in bar format (6):
In addition, the title of each ‘box’ can be modified and comments can be added to each graphic. To do this, place the pointer over the title of the ‘box’, a blue pencil will appear and you can edit the title and description of the graphic as follows:
2. SAVE YOUR TEMPLATES
Once you have embedded all the graphics you are interested in for your custom report and the titles and comments have been customized, you must save the template of the report. At the bottom of the dashboard you will find the following buttons:
- Preview report
- Cancel changes
To save your template, you must click on “save” and then you will see the following window:
Each template is saved with a specific name and in a specific folder. In this example, the name of the template will be “volume, languages and media” and the name of the folder “Websays Reports”. You can have several templates in the same folder according to your needs. Each template will be saved here:
3. VISUALIZE, SAVE AND SEND THE REPORT
To preview the report you must click the button at the bottom of the dashboard and the preview of the report will be opened to make the following options:
- Save: the report will then be saved in My Reports in the corresponding folder.
- Send by email: you can include one or more email addresses to send the report directly to the email of the people interested.
The preview of the report is the following:
If you need to send the report by email, you should click on the blue “send by email” button at the bottom of the report preview. Once you do so, the next pop-up will open to include the email address(es) and subject of the report. As you can see in the following image, to add several email addresses just click on the green button (+) and you will see below the addresses to which the report will be sent:
4. OTHER FUNCTIONS: FILTERS AND PROFILE CHANGES
One of the great advantages of creating reports with My Reports is that, with a simple change of profile or the application of some filter, a completely new report is generated at the same time. Taking the present example, if I decide to apply a filter so that the dashboard only shows me the mentions the last 7 days (8) and change the profile to show me the mentions of another (7), the template would be as follows:
By following this guide, you will be able to create your first custom report in minutes!